From the clothes they wear on the red carpet to the way they style their hair – celebrities have long been setting trends in the fashion world. But what’s the hottest look in Hollywood right now? We’re taking a look at the biggest trends being set by celebrities and how you can get them!
1. Fashion Frenzy: Mapping the Latest Celebrity Trends
Celebrities have been influencing fashion trends for decades. Whether they’re setting the tone with their latest looks on the red carpet or sparking conversations with fashion choices on social media, celebrities are often seen as trendsetters. As the seasons change, it’s a great time to look back and recognize some of the latest celebrity trends:
- Grunge Meets Business: The “business in fashion” trend takes a slightly more relaxed approach as we’ve seen on celebrities like Zendaya, Rihanna, and Bella Hadid. From unexpected fabric combinations to subtle rips and tears, these stars are redefining the meaning of “office chic”.
- Retro Revival: 90s style has seen a major resurgence on the red carpets this year. From bright colors and high waistlines to sparkly fabrics and power suits, celebrities like Tracee Ellis Ross and Kaia Gerber have fully embraced the comeback.
- The Return of Capes: Capes may not be new on the fashion scene, but they’ve certainly been making a statement lately. From long and light to structured and bold, the cape has been seen everywhere from the Met Gala to the streets of New York City.
- The Athleisure Look: Who says you have to sacrifice comfort for style? Celebrities like Cardi B, Jennifer Lopez, and Gigi Hadid have adopted the trend of pairing designer streetwear with designer footwear to create the perfect combination of fashion and function.
- Statement Sleeves: Bell-sleeves and dramatic tiers have been popping up everywhere from the runways to the red carpets. From Selena Gomez to Blake Lively, the statement-sleeve look is an easy way to instantly add some flair to any look.
These are just a few of the noteworthy trends that have been seen on celebrities in the past year. Whether you’re drawn to the classic ‘Old Hollywood’ vibes, or you’re looking for something a little edgier, the star-studded looks provide endless inspiration.
To stay on top of the latest celebrity fashion trends, be sure to follow fashion publications and stay up to date with your favorite TV, film, and music stars. You never know who might be leading the way to the newest must-haves of the season.
2. Dressing like the Stars: How to Stay Up-to-Date with Hollywood Style
Glamour has always had an essential place in Hollywood, with the major stars usually setting trends that become the envy of non-celebrities. With the right knowledge, you can easily dress like Hollywood’s big stars and stay in-style yourself.
Be familiar with fashion designers. Renowned fashion designers are a must-know in dressing like the stars, as many celebrities have close partnerships with them which make it easy to imitate their style. Knowing the designer’s style and getting the right pieces can quickly move one’s wardrobe from drab to fab.
Pay attention to fashion events. Most celebrities know how to make their style memorable by attending fashion events and wearing clothing that stands out from the rest. Highlighted fashion weeks are a great place to look for upcoming trends, and bloggers are another reliable source for fashion intel. Find the latest influencers and learn how they embrace the most recent styles.
Do your research. Go through celebrity magazine polls and photos of bold star looks to get an idea of how to dress to perfection. Celebrities often have a knack for making the impossible look impressive and might seem hard to imitate. Learn which colors, trends, and prints to mix-and-match for the best results.
Choose tailored clothing items. Quality should prevail over quantity when copying celebrity styles. Opt for tailored clothing that screams “style” instead of buying a lot of pieces that might not last. Invest in versatile pieces that can be dressed up and down for any kind of occasion.
The secret to dressing like the stars is to find balance between what’s fashionable and what’s comfortable. These tips will help you maintain an on-point wardrobe with the latest trends, making you Hollywood-ready in no time.
3. Style Staple: Analyzing Key Items in Celebrity Wardrobes
So, what’s all this hype about celebrity wardrobes? We take it that you’ve already looked at paparazzi photos and scrolled through your favorite influencer’s Instagram and just can’t seem to figure out what sets them apart from the rest of us. The secret lies in the all-important element of style, of which a celebrity’s wardrobe is an essential component. Today, we’ll take a closer look at the some key items which make up a celebrity’s wardrobe, so that you too can incorporate some of the same items into your own closet.
- A statement piece of outerwear can be anything from a neon windbreaker to a classic trench coat that flawlessly drapes over your body.
- When adding items to your wardrobe that are anticipated to make a statement, it’s important to think about how to style it; can you practice layering? Will you be able to pair it with basics?
- You don’t necessarily have to go over-the-top when picking your statement piece. Take some time to consider what shape, texture, color, fabric, and pattern works for your look!
- Your wardrobe will most likely consist of wardrobe basics such as classic white tees, plain hoodies, and dark wash jeans.
- There are several ways you can adapt your wardrobe basics to give them a more unique edginess. Here’s a few ideas:
- Break away from the basics; choose an eye-catching print, a bright and bold color, or go for a slightly cropped or oversized fit.
- Accessorize your wardrobe basics with layered necklaces, layered rings, or colorful hoop earrings.
- Mix and match different cuts, textures, and colors to make your wardrobe basics stand out from the crowd.
- Your footwear should be equal parts comfortable and stylish, without compromising on quality.
- From sneakers to boots, booties, loafers, and sandals, there are endless options for you to choose from and numerous ways for you to express your own style.
- Remember, the key to achieving a signature look is by selecting quality items that ensure your outfit can effortlessly transition from day to night.
- When it comes to accessories, celebrities love to add a touch of designer to elevate their look.
- Pick one or two quality designer pieces, such as a handbag, belt, or jewelry, to accentuate your style – this would be the perfect opportunity to turn heads, without going overboard.
- To ensure that your designer piece stands out, go for something unique that you wouldn’t typically find in stores – this will undoubtedly be the highlight of your outfit.
By looking at what items certain celebrities are wearing, you’ll get a better sense of the type of wardrobe basics that they’re incorporating into their everyday looks. With the help of these key items, you’ll be closer to achieving that signature celebrity wardrobe.
4. The Hottest Looks of the Season: Standout Styles from the Red Carpet
Gowns with Glimmer
The 2020 red carpet has brought with it a flurry of beautiful gowns of all shapes and sizes. Sparkle, glitter, and bold color options have been the go-to look for stars on the ‘gram and at formal events this season. Stars such as Zendaya, Jennifer Lopez, and Charlize Theron have been rocking the silky, shimmery look of the season. As glamorous as ever, the flowing fabric, daring silhouettes, and bold accessories of the A-list stars have been a wonder to behold.
While women have had a larger variety of red carpet looks over the years, menswear has gone through an undeniable transformation in the last few years. Men have been taking risks with their wardrobe choices this season, pairing unexpected tailoring details with creative styling choices. Perhaps the most stand-out of these looks has been the blazers and silk shirts with dressy pants that the likes of Harry Styles and Timothée Chalamet have been seen donning. Accessories like pocket squares and lapel pins also make a significant statement without feeling overdone.
Chic in Casualwear
Another popular look this season has been the dressed-down casual-look. Celebrities have been keeping it cool and comfortable while still making a style statement. Jumpsuits, athleisure wear and relaxed fits with eclectic detailing have become fashionable on and off the carpet. Not only are these outfit ideas more in line with the fashion trends of the time, but they also offer the flexibility of switching from day to night wear in no time.
Achieve the Look
It is true that these looks may be out of reach for the everyday human, but some stand-out styles can be achieved on a budget. Red carpet-inspired looks can be created with pieces from your local stores or online sites that offer designer items at a fraction of the original cost. Add a few bold accessories, like dainty yet impactful earrings or a belt with interesting detailing, to look festive. With the right know-how and creative stylings, you too can have a red carpet-worthy look.
Year after year, celebrities have been the trendsetters of the world. From red carpet looks, to high fashion ensembles, to everyday street style; whatever the hottest stars are wearing becomes the hottest trend. As such, trends in Hollywood often provide great inspiration for how to spice up your wardrobe. So keep an eye out for what’s in and what’s out: you’ll always be one step ahead of the fashion game with a little help from Hollywood!